Yields: 3 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 1 Hr Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Mins
- Soak the moong dal in a large bowl for 2-3 hours and When dal is fully soaked wash it changing water several times. Drain all the water out.
- In a blender add dal, green chilies, ginger & coriander leaves and grind it into a smooth batter.
- Transfer the battle in the bowl, add cumin powder & salt to the batter mix it well, then add sufficient water to make a thin batter mix it properly.
- Heat the nonstick Tawa spread some oil over it then fill the large spoon with the batter.
- Pour the batter in the middle of Tawa and spread the batter in a circular shape from the center to the outward direction. Cook it on medium heat.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes then insert the spatula under the cheela, flip it to the other side cook for 2 minutes.
- Once both the side are golden brown, similarly, make remaining all the cheelas.
- Serve the cheela hot with tomato chutney.
Protein , Calories, Fiber