Yields: 3 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 1 Hr Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Mins
- The first drain both the dals properly and mix them in a bowl then add Ginger & Green Chillies in the same bowl.
- Add little water to the dal to make the paste smooth Now put the mixture into the mixer jar and make it like batter.
- Now transfer the batter into a bowl and add turmeric powder & salt. Mix it properly. Cover the bowl & keep it aside for fermentation for around 5 hours.
- Take a steamer (Cooker, Idli Cooker, etc.) and heat sufficient water in that steamer. Now grease the idli mold with oil gently.
- Pour the batter in the greased idli mold. Close the lid of the steamer and steam it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To check whether the idli is cooked, open the lid of the steamer and insert the toothpick/knife. If the toothpick/knife comes out clean then your idli is ready.
- Take out the mold from the steamer, keep it outside for some time to get it cooled. Now demould the idlis with knife/spoon Repeat the same process until you have batter remains.
- Now serve the idlis with your favorite chutney/sauce.