Yields: 3 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 55 Mins
- Wash rice properly. Soak it now in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, cloves, black cardamom in the pan. Now just wait for crackle it.
- Now add onion to it and stir it until the color changes to golden brown. Put powder of green cardamom & cinnamon. Mix it well in the pan.
- Now add soaked rice to it and stir it for 5 minutes then put 3 cups of water to it with required salt on it.
- Cover the pan. Please remember to leave a little gap while covering the pan, otherwise the water will boil over the pan.
- After around 10 minutes, you will see that the water is absorbed. Now check to see if grains looks soft. Now your Brown Onion Rice is ready to serve.
- Serve it with veg or non-veg gravy.