- Main IngredientsMoong Dal & Urad Dal.
- Level Of CookingEasy
Moong Dal Idli
- Prepairation Time:
- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- Category: Veg
- Dhuli Moong Dal (Skin Less Green Gram) Soaked
- Dhuli Urad Dal ( Skin Less Black Gram) Soaked:
- Green Chillies
- Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tea Spoon
- First drain both the dals properly and mix them in a bowl.
- Add Ginger & Green Chillies in the same bowl.
- Add little water to the dal to make the paste smooth.
- Now put the mixture into the mixer jar and make it like batter.
- Now transfer the batter into a bowl and add turmeric powder & salt. Mix it properly.
- Cover the bowl & keep it aside for fermentation for around 5 hours.
- Take a steamer (Cooker, Idli Cooker etc.) and heat sufficient water in that steamer.
- Now grease the idli mould with oil gently.
- Pour the batter in the greased idli mould. Close the lid of the steamer and steam it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To check whether the idli is cooked, open the lid of the steamer and insert the toothpick/knife. If the toothpick/knife comes out clean then the your idli is ready.
- Take out the mould from steamer, keep it outside for sometime to get it cooled. Now demould the idlis with knife/spoon
- Repeat the same process untill you have batter remains.
- Now serve the idlis with your favorite chutney/sauce.
Purnima Karn Singh
Purnima was fond of cooking since her childhood. She always believed in trying something new and innovative. Her dishes have been appreciated by everyone who had a chance to taste one. One day she had a thought to share her skills with the near and dear ones and help them to get the delicious dishes cooked of themselves. She has tried to write the steps in a very easy way to be followed by an inexperienced person as well. With an aim to help you cook the best dishes, we at Bhojnalaya.com, provide precisely the recipes that you are looking for.