- Main IngredientsOnion, Rice
- Level Of CookingMedium
Brown Onion Rice
- Prepairation Time:
- Cooking Time: 30 to 45 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- Category: Veg
- Basmati Rice
2 Large Finely chopped in half Moon shape
- Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Tea Spoon
- Green Cardamom Powder
1 Tea Cpoon
- Cumin Seeds
1 Tea Spoon
- Black Cardamom
1.5 Table Spoon
- Wash rice properly.
- Soak it now in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, cloves, black cardamom in the pan. Now just wait for crackle it.
- Now add onion to it and stir it until the color changes to golden brown.
- Put powder of green cardamom & cinnamon. Mix it well in the pan.
- Now add soaked rice to it and stir it for 5 minutes then put 3 cups of water to it with required salt on it.
- Cover the pan. Please remember to leave a little gap while covering the pan, otherwise the water will boil over the pan.
- After around 10 minutes, you will see that the Water is absorbed. Now check to see if grains looks soft. Now your Brown Onion Rice is ready to serve.
- Serve it with veg or non-veg gravy.
Purnima Karn Singh
Purnima Singh has done her double M.A from a reputed institute and has been a very good cook. Her dishes has been appreciated by everyone who had a chance to have one. One day she had a thought to share her skills to the world and help people to get the delicious dishes cooked of them selves. She has tried to write the steps in very easy way to be followed by any inexperienced person as well.